Free style speaking about technology …
iTALC is a free didactical tool for teacher with many useful features.
Follow an entire class-room during a practical laboratory lessons is very hard so a software like this represent a powerful
iTALC has been designed for usage in school. Therefore it offers a lot of possibilities to teachers, such as
* see what’s going on in computer-labs by using overview mode and make snapshots
* remote-control computers to support and help other people
* show a demo (either in fullscreen or in a window) - the teacher’s screen is shown on all student’s computers in realtime
* lock workstations for moving undivided attention to teacher
* send text-messages to students
* powering on/off and rebooting computers per remote
* remote logon and logoff and remote execution of arbitrary commands/scripts
* home-schooling - iTALC’s network-technology is not restricted to a subnet and therefore students at home can join lessons via VPN-connections just by installing iTALC client
In addition to these practical possibilities it’s important to highlight that iTALC is multi-platform so it run under Linux or Windows system or in mixed environments.
Not yet convinced? iTALC is free, no more expensive licences to pay!